Yes – Request the inspection via email email@example.com, providing your name, address and telephone number.
The fire inspector will ensure the residence complies with DFPS fire regulations and the city fire code ordinance.
Some items to be aware of prior to scheduling the inspection:
- the functional smoke alarms are installed in each sleeping room and in the hallway
- the smoke alarms are less than 10 years old
- the smoke alarms are interconnected (one sounds, they all sound)
- properly maintained portable fire extinguisher with a minimum rating of 2A10B:C is readily available
- exit passageways are free of clutter and bedrooms windows are operable
- flammable liquids are properly stored in approved containers
- matches/lighters are properly stored out of reach of children