The basic scope of the Belt Line reconstruction project includes the following elements:
- Replacement of all existing pavement with an updated pavement section
- Intersection enhancements to improve mobility and safety
- Sidewalks, streetlights, and landscaping
- Strategic replacement/rehabilitation of the existing storm sewer system
- Signal work as needed to accommodate intersection changes and/or traffic control
- Replace portions of the water and sanitary sewer as well as rehabilitating manholes
The original scope included significant replacement of the water, sewer, and drainage utilities under S Belt Line. Based on investigation of the existing lines, it was determined that much of the existing utility infrastructure can remain in place with continued proper maintenance.