Community Event Requests & Permit Information

If you are interested in holding a community event, find all the information you need here.

Rental Applications Now Available

Our staff is currently accepting Pavilion Rental Applications and Community Special Event Applications. Staff is available to answer questions via email or by phone at 972-462-5100.

Helpful Information

  • Please allow 5 business days to process your application.
  • Please submit your application 90 days prior to the actual event date. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.
  • Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.
  • You may be required to submit specific insurance for your event (administrative processing fees apply).
  • Permit, application, and other fees may apply.
  • All events hosted in a City of Coppell park must observe the lightning detection system if one is present in the park you have reserved.

What is a Community Event?

Community events (aka, special events not sponsored by the City of Coppell) are described in City Ordinance Article 6-5, (Section 6-5-1). If you are interested in having a community event, here are a few helpful things to ask yourself before moving forward:

  • Is your anticipated attendance over 200?
  • Do you want to close a public street?
  • Will you be blocking or restricting the use of public property or limiting the use of parks by the general public?
  • Will you be offering merchandise, food, or beverages for sale on public property or on private property?
  • Will you be putting up a tent that is bigger than 10' x 10'?
  • Will you have a stage, trailer, van, bleachers, or anything that is not normally in that location?
  • Are you using third-party vendors?
  • Are you planning on blocking public parking?

If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you will need to fill out a Community Special Event and Walk/Run Event Application and email it to our events staff.  After the application is received, our staff will review it and assist you through the rest of the process!

Permits & Rentals Contact Information

Permit & Rental Type City Department Phone Number
Animal Permit Animal Services 972-304-3515
Barricades and Cones Public Works 972-462-5150
Block Party Application Police 972-304-3600
Electrical/Generator Permit Building Inspections 972-304-3506
Food Permit Environmental Health 972-462-5164
Pavilion Rental Community Experiences ​​972-462-5100
Sign Permit Building Inspections 972-304-3506
Tent Permit Fire Administration 972-304-3506