2022 Citizen Survey Dashboard
In August 2022, the City of Coppell released a Citizen Satisfaction Survey to encourage residents to provide feedback on how the City is doing. The survey was intended to help City leadership better understand the community’s needs, priorities, and concerns.
The City has conducted satisfaction surveys every couple of years since 1994. In 2022, City leadership contracted with OnPointe Insights to provide a statistically accurate survey for the City. The survey was designed to be quicker, easier, and more convenient for residents to take than previous surveys, and participants were able to complete the survey from a laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
Survey Result Highlights
- The City has a Net Promoter Score of 47. A score of 30 is considered to be strongly positive, indicating that residents are largely pleased with the city.
- Many respondents indicated that they loved Coppell as a result of the school system, the unique feel of the community, and the friendly neighborhood spirit.
- Many respondents would like to see more restaurants and retail options within the City.
- 79% of respondents indicated that the City is headed in the right direction, and 44% said the City has improved since they first moved here.
- 40% of respondents indicated that Coppell is much better when compared to other cities, while 39% said Coppell is somewhat better.
- Visit the survey dashboard to review the full results of the survey, including all of the commentary provided by respondents.
About the Survey
- 1,938 residents fully completed the survey.
- Respondents were contacted via email, text message, social media, and through the City website.
- Residents were asked questions in five main categories: City Facilities, City Qualities/Benefits, Development/Growth, Safety/Security, and Operations.
- Residents were also asked if they would refer a friend to Coppell and how the City is doing in general. In addition, respondents were asked to evaluate basic city services, interactions with City staff, importance of events, and other items.